Providing Sanitary Processing Solutions since 1885
The company was founded by Myron G. Newell, who came to Greensboro from Elmira, New York and opened a store in 1885 selling everything from hand churns to buggies. The company was first incorporated in May, 1908. In 1913 it added farm machinery to its product line. At the suggestion of Newell’s son, Burton M. Newell, Sr., the company began specializing in the dairy business in the early 1920s.
Over the years, the company has expanded into the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, and personal care industries, having evolved from being a full line distributor to a full service systems integration company.
Currently, M.G. Newell has three locations: Greensboro, NC, Louisville, KY, and Nashville, TN. With the addition of the Louisville and Nashville divisions, the original M. G. Newell now functions as the corporate headquarters and houses the Greensboro division.